Our Investment Philosophy
We use a conservative style of portfolio management, believing
that it is better to strive for steady, consistent, above
average returns rather than expose the portfolio to high risk.
Among the investment objectives we seek for clients are:
Investment Selection Criteria
- Preservation of Capital. It is essential that the
principal remain intact if the long term investment objectives
are to be achieved. Our primary focus is on investments
that carry little, if any, market risk.
- Growth of Capital. Slow steady growth of capital
leads to the accumulation of wealth and the achievement
of long-term investment objectives
- Current Income. It is important for an investment
portfolio to generate current income, even if that income
is reinvested in order to compound.
- Growth in Income. Income growth preserves purchasing
power through the years. Special techniques such as systematic
withdrawal programs enable my clients to enjoy rising income
from their portfolios.
- Reduction in Taxes. Individuals in high tax brackets
need to be concerned about their after-tax returns. Investments
providing tax-free or tax deferred income are suitable for
high income investors.
We emphasize the following investments when designing client
- Fixed Income Investments. These include various
Guaranteed accounts providing a fixed yearly return for
a specific period of time. I reduce risk by staggering the
maturities and selecting the best combination of quality
- Mutual Funds. I have access to detailed information
on more than 4,000 mutual funds. When choosing a fund, I
look for an experienced portfolio manager, an established
track record, stable management and low management fees.
- As a free service, we conduct a computerized analysis
customized for each client.
- As a result, an all encompassing financial survey and
plan are implemented by me personally.
Do you need a Financial Planner?
- A need for advice and council. Anyone who is confused
by the wide array of investment choices and who is not sure
they are doing the right things with their dollars need
an experienced, knowledgeable Financial Planner to provide
education, assistance, and guidance.
- A desire for personalized service and extensive resources.
Some of our clients come to us because their Financial Planner
is not performing up to their expectations. When they select
David Hinds Financial as their Financial Planner, they are
assured of receiving personal attention, qualified advice,
and access to the research and vast resources of the Financial
- The need to plan. Young parents who want to plan their
children's education, anyone who needs to plan for retirement,
retired individuals who want to make their savings last
through their lifetimes, all need a Financial Planner who
can guide them in planning for the future.
- A significant event. Death, divorce, inheritance, retirement,
sales of business, or other events that will result in a
change in one's assets, automatically triggers the need
for professional advice.